View Single Post
  (#1 (permalink)) Old
Unregistered

Edit avatar

Unhappy I don't know how to deal with my parents - August 19th 2021, 01:45 PM

[FONT=""][COLOR=""][SIZE=""]I'm 17 just finished high school and I'm currently studying for an entrance exam for college.

Covid started in my senior year and all my plans of studying fell apart I became lost and didn't study for a while, then slowly started studying and I've been studying little by little since then.

I got my result and it was 86%(which I got without giving the exams). My parents are not happy with my performance and are being really rude towards me calling me worthless and that I should be ashamed of myself, the mock entrance exam results have also been awful and the exam is in a few weeks.

I don't talk back to my parents, I always respect them and have never been rude towards them but they still don't treat me with respect and I don't feel any love when they speak to me. Today I heard them arguing, they were saying that I have given up and that I am only "acting" that I'm studying. This really hurt me today, I know that I should not be getting this kind of results and should study seriously but I haven't found a career path I'm really interested in, a career for which I could give my all.

This is really making me depressed I don't know what I am doing wrong, I don't know what to do. I just want to get out of this house and away from my family.[/size][/color][/font]