(#5 (permalink)) Old
Everglow. Offline
Did you miss me?

Outside, huh?

Name: Hollie
Pronouns: She/They

Points: 74,719, Level: 39 Points: 74,719, Level: 39 Points: 74,719, Level: 39

Re: I don't want to be alive anymore. - August 19th 2021, 03:55 PM

Life definitely is too much a lot of the time. I read a book once which spoke about how the world around us has changed at a much faster pace in the last few decades than it ever had over hundreds of years before, which means that we as humans just haven't had the time to evolve into beings who can cope with this. The world is very full on, and it's normal to want it to stop sometimes. It's normal to wish it would back off and quieten down. You're not alone in feeling this way.

I know that it often seems like *everything* is bad at times too. Somehow, the good stuff gets filtered out and the bad things overshadow them, and they really block out the light! I've found that it's so important to encourage yourself to try to find the good things, even if they're small, and especially at times where you're struggling. You can maybe use threads in the Good Days forum, such as this one to encourage you to look for these things each day.

I know it sometimes feels like you can't deal with it anymore, but you can. It's not easy, and it's depressing and aggravating sometimes to keep having to fight, but you've got a 100% success rate at surviving bad days so far, which is a pretty good track record. The fact you're here, reaching out and taking things day by day is proof you can do this. I agree that talking to people around you is a good idea, but please feel free to use TH whenever you like too.

You can do this.

"Why want another universe if this one has dogs?"

Matt Haig - The Midnight Library

Volunteer Support Officer | Apply to staff
1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.