View Single Post
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Ennui. Offline
Living the dream.

TeenHelp Superstar

Name: Dez
Pronouns: She/They

Points: 172,604, Level: 59 Points: 172,604, Level: 59 Points: 172,604, Level: 59

Re: Texas abortion law - September 5th 2021, 02:29 AM

This is a huge loss for uterus owners everywhere. Ruth Bader Ginsberg is rolling in her grave.

Please, please stay out of other people's uteruses and mind your own uterus, or in the case of people who don't have a uterus, just stay out of the way. There are so, so many reasons for pregnancy that don't involve unprotected sex. Some people won't even be able to abort very much wanted babies anymore, babies that will not survive outside of the womb and will either die once born or claim the life of the parent.

Even if it's from unprotected sex, "oops, the condom broke," "oops, forgot to take my pill," or even if the person is just in that percentage of people who still gets pregnant while on birth control (there IS a failure rate, people!) they should not be punished for having sex. The purpose of sex nowadays is not simply to have babies, so nobody, uterus owner or not, should be punished. Do not punish people for enjoying sex.

You may ask about foster care, but in Texas alone "In January 2019 there were 29,927 children in foster care in Texas and 3,378 children waiting for adoptive families (source)." In the US as a whole, there are over 400,000, and over 120,000 of those are waiting to be adopted (source). So, why exactly do we want to add more foster children to this system? Additionally, not every foster child is treated the best and can experience trauma from the system. Also, a lot of the time older children wait even longer than younger ones to get adopted.

So, you may say, make the parent step up and raise the kid! Even if the child is cared for properly, there's still the fact that you may find out that you're not wanted, that you're not loved, that there's resentment. What if the parent can't afford care? They're stigmatized and demonized for needing assistance,

Are you going to improve my access to birth control and other forms of reproductive and sexual health care, for teens and adults alike? Are you going to allow me, a uterus owner, to be sterilized without a fight? And yes, I mean a fight. In some areas, it is very hard to find a doctor who will tie your tubes when you aren't a certain age and haven't already had a certain amount of kids.

Are you going to improve sexual health education, especially in a state like Texas that doesn't necessarily have quality education to start with? I'm not talking abstinence-only here. I'm talking the nitty gritty. because the whole "don't have sex or you'll get pregnant and die (Mean Girls reference!)" style sex education that is given in a lot of places just doesn't cut it. We don't need to see pictures of STIs, we need to know what to do to prevent pregnancy while having sex, other forms of intimacy, and other topics that I could rant on about forever that don't belong in this thread.

People normally find out they are pregnant between four and seven weeks. So if you're on the tail end of that, sucks to be you, you've just lost your right to an abortion. And if you're really that late term where the fetus is viable outside of the parent, most of the times this is a wanted child that cannot make it safely into this world. Again, you're demonizing someone who desperately wanted this child, carried it for 26+ weeks, and then was told that the fetus would die and/or their life would be at too high of a risk to continue the pregnancy.

This isn't going to stop abortions, it really isn't. I'm sure you've heard all of the unsafe practices that were performed back in the day. I am not going to post them here because I do not want o give anyone unsafe ideas, but people DIED. Fully-grown people who ALREADY ARE ALIVE, died. Value the person that's already on the Earth.

"Well, the fetus they aborted can make a contribution. What if they can find the cure for cancer?" What if they're a terrible criminal? Or, better yet, what if the person who is ALREADY ALIVE can cure cancer if they aren't caring for a child? Or, even BETTER, what if the person already alive wants a say what to do with their own body? They're the ones hosting the child and keeping it alive, and they should have the right to cease being the host. Pregnancy is risky, and even being alive AFTER a pregnancy can be tough. For example, some people lose all of their teeth after a pregnancy because the fetus leeches all the calcium from the body of the parent. Can you imagine losing your teeth at such a young age? Why FORCE someone to go through that?

I hope there are protests. I hope there are walk outs. This isn't going to end abortion. It's just going to create more suffering. People in other states are already gearing up to let people come visit them, claiming to be cousins or other long-distance relatives, all so people can get an abortion. The Church of Satanism is claiming it a violation of religious freedom. We will not be silenced.

This country is going to hell in a handbasket.

Do you ever get a little bit tired of life
Like you're not really happy but you don't wanna die
Like you're hanging by a thread but you gotta survive
'Cause you gotta survive
4 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
Users of TeenHelp have rated post 1371035 as the most helpful or liked. Click here to skip right to it!