View Single Post
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
gesty4333 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Points: 1,497, Level: 5 Points: 1,497, Level: 5 Points: 1,497, Level: 5

Re: I need help, trigger warning. - September 14th 2021, 01:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rivière View Post
I have to admit, I don't know much of female circumcision, other than by Western standards it is considered genital mutilation and is practiced in certain areas of the world such as Africa. There are many different stages of such circumcision. However, I won't go into details, given the site's rules. Mutilation of the clitoris won't protect you from getting pregnant. I can only assume she told you this to scare you or some other obscene way of trying to persuade you to undergo such a horrific procedure.

While I want to be respectful of your religious views, and that of your family, I simply cannot agree with mutilation of the human body in the way your mother has planned for you. It's your body. You and only you should be the deciding factor in whether or not you should have anything removed from your body.

As you have access to the internet, I would strongly suggest doing research on what such a procedure actually entails, as well as the many dangers you face in having it. There are no health benefits in having this procedure, only an inordinate amount of risks such as pain, infections, and much worse. Again, I strongly urge you to research into this practice beforehand.

In addition to this, I would consider discussing the issue with your mother. Again, while I want to be respectful of religious practices, surely she must recognise and understand this is only going to cause you more harm than good. Such a procedure has been scientifically shown to do so by the World Health Organisation.

In terms of running away, I can't comment on this. I understand the situation you're in and the last thing I'd want is for you to be physically harmed by your mother's misunderstood beliefs on female 'circumcision'. You're also only 15 years old and you must ask yourself, where would you go? How would you get there? What exactly would you achieve by running away? You must be sensible about this. I understand why you'd want to run away. This is a really big deal and not something that should be treated lightly. Once you undergo this procedure, there is no going back. It's permanent. You won't get back what she's forcing you to have removed. I can't make the decision for you. Only you can decide what you want in this regard. But make sure you've fully researched everything before you make any kind of decision.
She doesn't want to discuss at all, she said she doesn't care. I'm going there in a week. I think my only option is running away, I don't know how to tell anyone, im scared. I don't know where i will go if i run away but anything is better than having this done to me. I want to be able to.. have it intact.. i want to have a sexual life. She got mad at me when i said i don't want it