(#409 (permalink)) Old
Proud90sKid Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Name: .

Points: 16,617, Level: 18 Points: 16,617, Level: 18 Points: 16,617, Level: 18

Re: Corona Virus. - November 26th 2021, 06:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by .:Bibliophile:. View Post
Ummm... Dez has a lot more knowledge about Covid than the majority of us. Her knowledge isn't Google University. I definitely trust her more than the majority of people. Her knowledge comes from experience and, from my understanding, interaction with local public health officials in her area.
My knowledge comes from reading scientific journals. I find them through Google, but then again I also used Google while finding research relevant to my degree. As long as the sources are credible, it is valid research. Are you suggesting that when it comes to health, we ignore our own logic and blindly follow those who have chosen to work in a health related field? Plenty of nurses are idiots about medicine/the body and have to wikipedia every drug a patient is on. I simply dont care about someones credentials, only the soundness of their arguments.

I have more than enough knowledge of covid stats to form my own opinion. I dont need to hear any more “experts” telling me when where I can work and in what capacity.

At the end of the day, its not really about science, but politics. All these measures to control the pandemic come at the cost of freedom and livelihood. A large fraction of the population is simply ok with the risks associated with the virus as long as it means they get to keep their job and their freedom. You can tell them about covid all day long and they still wont feel the need to live in a bubble over a virus that has a 99 percent survival rate (likely even higher in 2022 with the antiviral pills, widespread vaccination, and monoclonal antibody treatments). Medical experts often push only the medical side since that is the only side they are exposed to and covid certainly hasnt hurt their paycheck.Thats relevant because many people are starting to be more afraid of the longterm consequences of mandates and restrictions than of the virus itself.
Users of TeenHelp have rated post 1373440 as the most helpful or liked. Click here to skip right to it!