View Single Post
  (#1 (permalink)) Old
Jess~ Offline
Senior TeenHelper

Name: jess

Points: 20,599, Level: 20 Points: 20,599, Level: 20 Points: 20,599, Level: 20

Just want to say hello to you guys again - January 21st 2022, 07:06 AM

So... hello!

I haven't been on this site in years but let me tell you, it's been wild to revisit and see so many familiar names! I was very active circa 2016-2018. Part of me feared this forum would be dead and quiet, but it makes me so happy to see that it is still thriving and well.

I just want to say that the people on this site have helped me through some of the hardest parts of my teenage years. I am extremely grateful for the compassion I was shown here, even though I said some things that I would now consider blatantly hateful and obnoxious. I wasn't a great person, teenage me. But all we can do with regret is change ourselves for the better.

Life is good, not always fantastic, but it's livable. I have people, pets, and hobbies that make it so worthwhile. It's been several months since I last had any suicidal thoughts, I am nearly five years clean from self-harm, and I can honestly say that I have accepted and moved on from the trauma I endured as a teenager. There really is a light at the end of the tunnel, you just need to keep moving forward.

With that, I hope everyone is doing well. I wish the best to all of you, whether I knew you or not. Please take care and maybe I will see you around!

i don't know what i'm supposed to do
haunted by the ghost of you
5 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
Users of TeenHelp have rated post 1375202 as the most helpful or liked. Click here to skip right to it!