View Single Post
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount81

Edit avatar

Re: Have your music tastes changed over the years? - January 31st 2022, 12:50 AM

When I was really young, I listened to teen idols such as Cyndi Lauper and Tiffany to name a few examples. I also enjoyed boy bands of the day, such as NKOTB (New Kids on the Block). And yes, I was born in the mid 1980s so I was a bit young for that.

When I was an adolescent, I listened to a mix of alternative and pop. Alanis Morissette, Hanson, Britney Spears, and whoever else my sister and her friends had playing on the radio. I pretty much followed their lead for the most part.

When I was in high school, within a year of graduating, I branched out and discovered a new soulful-sounding type of music. But they were still teen idols, or something of that sort. Avril Lavigne and Ashlee Simpson. I liked their melancholic songs.

That led me to liking bands such as Green Day, Matchbox Twenty, Five for Fighting, Evanescence, My Chemical Romance, and a few more. Pretty much your standard artist playlist of the mid 2000s.

I'm not into music as much these days. Not the listening aspect of it, anyways. I enjoy reading clean lyrics.

(But anyone within a mile of me will probably tell you they can sing Fearless by Taylor Swift in their sleep. )