(#1 (permalink)) Old
PlutoTheOpposum Offline
Lyl
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Lyl
Pronouns: they/them

Points: 2,216, Level: 7 Points: 2,216, Level: 7 Points: 2,216, Level: 7

How does one know if it's love or an obsession? - June 17th 2022, 02:48 PM

So um. I've had this question for a while.
It probably sounds stupid, but how does one know if you love somebody or are obsessed? I've had two girlfriends, and with both of them feel like I was overly obsessed. they both asked me and I barely even knew them, but I accepted (and quickly became obsessed, thinking about them all the time/spamming them with messages/telling them i loved them not even a week into the relationship) one broke up with me and played a part in my mental health going down, and i broke up with the other (partly because im grounded from everything, and partly because my mom told her i need to work on myself) and still think of her.

I had a "crush" on this one girl, and I would go out of my way to ask her favorite things and would be nervous if she 1) was absent 2) was hanging out with other people or 3) seemed distant. I asked her out and she said no, but we remained friends. She was probably my favorite person, and then she moved i was devastated.

I just dont know if this is like a normal thing that happens orrrr what. Please give me some advice ((

Last edited by PlutoTheOpposum; June 17th 2022 at 04:06 PM. Reason: Clarification for breaking up with my second gf