(#18 (permalink)) Old
Kate* Offline
Outside, huh?

Name: Katie

Points: 33,939, Level: 26 Points: 33,939, Level: 26 Points: 33,939, Level: 26

Re: Supreme Court overturning Roe v. Wade - June 25th 2022, 12:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kate* View Post
Here's an article that outlines what it could mean: https://www.npr.org/2022/05/03/10960...t-happens-next

So, yes it would ban abortion either entirely or within 6-8 weeks (before you even know you're pregnant) in a lot of states

Not only do people without uteruses not have the right to tell a woman what to do with hers, but the ramifications of this could be so horrific. Illegal and unsafe abortions are just the beginning. What about women whose lives are threatened by pregnancy? Or, someone who was the victim of sexual assault and now is forced to carry that child to term? Or a baby with such severe disabilities or birth defects that they may not survive, have poor quality of life, or the costs of all kinds for their care will be too much on their parents? Pro life tends to mean pro-birth. The same people who force babies to be born also harshly criticize the social programs such children and families would rely on to get by and don't see the problem with that.
My original post in this thread still stands, I've blocked my dad on FB because he's more worried about "protests and property damage" and everything being "by design" than his ONLY DAUGHTER'S RIGHTS. I'm legit about to move to either Colorado (protection written into their state laws) or Canada, I'm SO FAR over this country I just can't anymore.

Here's a list of laws by state, some of which date back to the 1800's: https://abcnews.go.com/Health/aborti...ry?id=85390463

LHO: March 31, 2008- October 13, 2012

"Freedom is what you do with what's been done to you." Jean Paul Sarte

Last edited by Kate*; June 25th 2022 at 03:17 AM.
Users of TeenHelp have rated post 1378611 as the most helpful or liked. Click here to skip right to it!