View Single Post
  (#1 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount81

Edit avatar

Literature in 2022. - December 20th 2022, 04:21 PM

What was the best thing you've read this year? What was the worst thing you've read? Did you stumble across a new favorite author? In January, did you decide on a reading goal and have you been able to accomplish that? Did you have anything that were left as DNF — did not finish? What made you want to stop reading it?

What are your reading goals for 2023?

I've actually only completed one book this year — so far!

I've read two books early on in the year — probably why I've been so turned off from reading original fiction in 2022! — that definitely left me feeling unsettled. Not surprisingly, I left them as DNF. One of them, I perceived as being ableist even though it was supposed to be set in some sort of post-apocalyptic world. The other included sensitive topics surrounding children; but the summary on Amazon gave me the impression that it would be supernatural. Once I caught on and my gut told me to quit, I did.

My reading goals for 2023 remains the same number as before: ten. I hope to redirect my focus back on original fiction, and I might even do a few re-reads next year. I certainly don't want to get overly ambitious, though.