Everglow. Offline
Did you miss me?

Outside, huh?

Name: Hollie
Pronouns: She/They

Points: 74,747, Level: 39 Points: 74,747, Level: 39 Points: 74,747, Level: 39

Re: Bullying his brother. Not sure what to do - June 21st 2023, 08:42 PM

Hey,

First of all I think it is really great that you are looking out for your friend and his brother.

I am sorry that you had to see that happen though. Perhaps you could talk to Jacob about what happened and let him know that you are uncomfortable about it and concerned. I think as a friend it's a good thing to be able to bring up things you're unhappy about especially if it is done in a genuine way. You could also check in with Dylan to make sure he is okay. He may appreciate you looking out for him and feel he can talk to you about these things in the future if there is the need.

If you are really worried about it you can also talk to your friends parents about this. Bullying is never okay so if you feel like this is happening, perhaps Jacob and Dylans parents can help to put an end to it by intervening.

I would say to a certain extent, siblings do bicker and argue. My sister and I used to argue about who got to pick what was on the TV all the time, and sometimes we'd say mean things, get upset etc. This shouldn't stop you from having their best interests in mind though, so I would definitely suggest opening up a conversation with them about this.

I hope this helps a bit!

"Why want another universe if this one has dogs?"

Matt Haig - The Midnight Library

Volunteer Support Officer | Apply to staff