View Single Post
  (#1 (permalink)) Old
Unregistered

Edit avatar

Possible eating disorder?? How do I ask about it????? - August 14th 2023, 10:11 PM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of eating disorders, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread might therefore not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

[FONT=""][COLOR=""][SIZE=""][FONT=""][COLOR=""][SIZE=""][FONT=""][COLOR=""][SIZE=""]Tw cuz this is kinda gross.

I've always been embarrassed to talk about this but usually after meals It'll kinda come back up..? Not like in a throw up kinda way.. just like I need to chew it again..
It's been happening since like 3rd grade and I always thought it was normal. I thought everyone did it, but apparently not?
Someone on discord was venting and said they had an ED called rumination disorder, and I had no clue what that was so I looked it up. It perfectly matched what I've been doing for years.. it's not intentional or voluntary, I just do it. Its just inconvenient, because it makes it hard to sing or talk after I eat.
I was reading about it and it said it didn't have terrible side effects, worst case scenario just being damage to your throat or choking. I can't quite remember.
So I dunno if this is something I'm just making a big deal about? Maybe this does happen to everyone??
And if it is something to be concerned about, how do I go about asking?
The disorder said it was less common and I don't wanna seem like I'm seeking attention, especially if this is just something I can ignore.
Help please![/size][/color][/font][/size][/color][/font][/size][/color][/font]