View Single Post
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
Dawn. Offline
Laughter. Faith. Hope.

TeenHelp Veteran

Points: 88,973, Level: 42 Points: 88,973, Level: 42 Points: 88,973, Level: 42

Re: It's only been about a week and I already hate my job - August 22nd 2023, 10:45 AM

Hi there,

I'm so sorry to hear what happened. I know this may not be of great comfort to you, but I have been in a similar situation as well. When I started a new job, I thought I was way in over my head and questioned myself as to why I even applied for the role in the first place. But overtime, I learned how to find my feet and now I absolutely love my job. I worked in a fast food restaurant for just over 3 years so I know how daunting it can be to do drive thru by yourself and even serving customers when you don't have your mentor/trainer there with you. Certain customers can be awful to deal with but I learnt quickly to let it roll my head if I made a mistake and learnt from it. That is easier said than done as I can be quite a sensitive person but I realized that there are customers out there that are understanding if you are new. I feel like people are more patient if you explain to them that you are still learning the ropes. I hope that helped!