View Single Post
  (#8 (permalink)) Old
Butterscotch. Offline
rising like a skyscraper 💜
Regular TeenHelper

Pronouns: she/her, they/them

Points: 2,187, Level: 7 Points: 2,187, Level: 7 Points: 2,187, Level: 7

Re: Autism diagnosis as an adult - January 15th 2024, 03:41 PM

Hey Dez, I'm glad you were finally able to receive an answer but I am sorry about your BPD diagnosis being taken away from you. I think that probably feels the most challenging right now; because you've been told for years that you have BPD and you were led to believe that. To throw away what you know, your coping skills, and so on forth will be incredibly challenging. However, I do want to say that I don't think it's a good idea to do that! Keep those coping skills and what you know, and use them with your new diagnosis.

Being diagnosed with Autism is nothing like being diagnosed with cancer or any fatal illness, it's not the end of the road for you. It just means you have so much more to learn, a lot to research, groups to join, people to meet. I don't want to suggest this group because they were pretty hostile towards me but it might be useful for you! Actually Autistic on Facebook is generally a welcoming group, they allow anonymous posting, and they are against anything that hurts Autism-centric philosophy — such as ABA therapy or @uti$m $pe@ks.

Of course, you're more than welcome to ask me any questions or concerns you might have! You've got this, wear the infinity rainbow with pride.
1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.