View Single Post
  (#1 (permalink)) Old
Proud90sKid Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Name: .

Points: 16,684, Level: 18 Points: 16,684, Level: 18 Points: 16,684, Level: 18

Desantis is dropping out of the president race, at least for now - January 22nd 2024, 03:03 AM

Desantis has lost popularity to Trump over the past several months and finally decided to call off his campaign. Not sure how this will affect the Florida people: I haven't liked Desantis' ideas post-COVID and sort of wanted him out even if the most likely means were that we would become our president. He has since been more concerned with school textbooks, making conservative retirees comfortable, and "don't say gay" than he has with property costs, native Floridians, affordable housing, and the skyrocketing cost of home insurance. Though if he lost against Biden, we may have had another influx of rich retired Desantis fans into the state, making the above problems worse.

But the key takeaway here is that it will likely be another race of Trump against Biden. What are your thoughts on that? Unfortunately it seems that this is the best our country could come up with. I don't agree with a lot of conservative policies except for less strict COVID restrictions. That was one of the biggest reason that I actually did vote for Trump in 2020. Today, I feel the democrat candidate is boring and weak on issues while the Republican one now has a lot of baggage. We saw some of the worst inflation this country has ever seen under Biden, but some very contributing policies also went into place under Trump. This will be an interesting election for sure. I feel like expanded social programs, such as medicaid would help a lot of people. I also believe in socialized medicine, less military funding, and marijuana legalization, but Biden hasn't done shit for any of those issues that I am left-leaning about. I don't agree with removing the ACA either though.

What are your predictions for the election?