View Single Post
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
Proud90sKid Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Name: .

Points: 16,684, Level: 18 Points: 16,684, Level: 18 Points: 16,684, Level: 18

Re: Desantis is dropping out of the president race, at least for now - January 23rd 2024, 06:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ennui. View Post
I’m pretty scared about this election. I’m LGBTQ+, assigned female at birth, am disabled, and use Medicaid. I need the left leaning services but after the job Biden has done I don’t know if he will get reelected.
Joe Biden has not done shit for affordable care or medicaid expansion in states like Florida that don't have it for non-disabled impoverished people (one reason I don't like our Republican governor anymore). And good luck qualifying for disability in my state. Nothing useful or helpful has happened under Biden. His biggest gig is that his name isn't Donald Trump. People still want what they have always wanted: affordable housing, affordable healthcare, protection from big businesses like insurance companies. We don't even have proposals for any of that. Biden is just a constant reminder that nobody important seems to care about these issues. If not the left candidate, then WHO?

I really don't understand the move of running again just "to beat Trump". He is literally the worst candidate for the job.