View Single Post
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
TH Anonymous Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Points: 34,237, Level: 26 Points: 34,237, Level: 26 Points: 34,237, Level: 26

Re: Mood Dips and Anxiety increases during the weekend - January 28th 2024, 09:32 PM

[SIZE="a"]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawn. View Post
Hi there,
I'm sorry to hear what you are currently experiencing.
I experience something similar to you. I know what errands I have to do for the day but have no motivation or energy to complete them. I then get more stressed as time goes on when I'm just watching TV or playing a game when I should be completing those tasks.
I often complete a task, reward myself with giving myself 10 minutes to play a game or to do something I enjoy and go back to completing my errands. It really is hard at times for me to do this but I think about the stress I would feel later on if I didn't do anything and I continue on as it is something I wish to avoid.
I hope this helped.
Thank you so much, this was helpful. I need a bwtter system than buying myself rewards or allowing myself to indulge in a TV show. I feel like the switching gears makes something weird happen where I don't want to go back to doing more work. It seems this dip in mood happens even with a reward.

I've gotten curious about the "body doubling" as I have found that to help in the past. So maybe I can look into this.[/size]