View Single Post
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Butterscotch. Offline
rising like a skyscraper 💜
Regular TeenHelper

Pronouns: she/her, they/them

Points: 2,187, Level: 7 Points: 2,187, Level: 7 Points: 2,187, Level: 7

Re: People who support Hamas, why? - February 19th 2024, 03:58 PM

I think it's a bit unfair to bring 9/11 into this argument. Islamist militants have existed long before September 11th 2001, long before Osama bin Laden. Hamas has no affiliation with the mudjahideen movement of Afghanistan during the 1980s, the group that ultimately led to the rise of the Taliban. The mudjahideen's, one branch eventually becoming the Taliban, came to power in resistance over the Soviet invasion. Russia is supporting the Hamas, which makes no sense if you are clumping all Islamist groups together; Vladimir Putin was against the resistance fighters during his time with the KGB in the USSR.

Islamists have existed for fifteen hundred years, since Mohammed journey out of the Arabian peninsula and ravaged the lands in the Middle East. Land that rightfully belonged the the Jews and the sparse Christians. Islamists have not only attacked Jews in the past millennia, they have also attacked Christians. I suggest reading up the ideology of Islamists, analyzing the Koran, and understanding the philosophy of "normal" Muslims. These are three very different things — so it is also unfair to assume all Muslims are terrorists wanting to get rid of Jews and Christians. Just look at this from the perspective of Christianity; it's just as bad in America as it is in the Middle East.

While we're broaching the subject of extremism — Benjamin Netanyahu is basically committing a genocide of Palestinians. He isn't anti-Muslim, he is anti-Palestine. He wants Israel to be a unified country at the expense of Palestinians. He will do anything he can to eradicate the Muslim population from the Gaza Strip and West Bank. He doesn't care who falls in the line of fire, he will do what he can to slaughter these people. He hasn't made it easy for Palestinians to leave because there's no way out of the Gaza Strip or the West Bank. They'd have to go through Israel and if they choose to do that, they put themselves at risk of an attack; though they're already being attacked at home.

I think the ideas the OP has established is very extreme. You are supporting Israel for the wrong reason. Finally, I want to say invoking the Holocaust is the probably worse than invoking September 11th. This is probably the same extremist, very inappropriate excuse Benjamin Netanyahu is giving as to why he's launching all these attacks against Palestine. I'm certainly not saying Palestine isn't in the wrong here. If we're going to be pointing any fingers at anyone, I would point fingers at the empires that occupied the area. Mandatory Palestine was a split-off of the British Empire. This occurred in the early 1920s, around the same time unrest was rising in the Middle East due to religion and colonialism.

Understanding and preserving history, avoiding fake information, and educating ourselves on what is/isn't are so important today more than ever.
2 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.