View Single Post
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
~Misguided Ghosts~ Offline
But I'm just a ghost.

TeenHelp Superstar
**************
 
~Misguided Ghosts~'s Avatar
 
Name: Dez
Age: 30
Gender: Agender
Pronouns: They/Them
Location: Connecticut, USA

Posts: 21,020
Points: 194,790, Level: 62
Points: 194,790, Level: 62 Points: 194,790, Level: 62 Points: 194,790, Level: 62
Blog Entries: 181
Join Date: November 16th 2010

Re: Trying to support myself with my upcoming birthday - March 17th 2024, 08:17 PM

I don't think you'd be rude for asking. Maybe you can say something like "My birthday is coming up and instead of gifts or a party, I would like people to share their favorite memory, photo, or something else about me. It would really mean a lot to me to hear from you, and I will carry what you share with me for a long time. These are things I can think about whenever I need encouragement." I think that it doesn't sound desperate but explains a bit about why you'd like this to be done without going into extreme detail.

I'm also wondering if as an add-on you can write down some of the highlights of the year. You can look at these and remind yourself that even though there have been struggles, some cool things have happened too.


Oh, you are not useless
We are just
Misguided ghosts
1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.