Butterscotch. Offline
rising like a skyscraper 💜
Regular TeenHelper

Pronouns: she/her, they/them

Points: 2,205, Level: 7 Points: 2,205, Level: 7 Points: 2,205, Level: 7

Re: Coloring eggs - March 26th 2024, 11:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halcyon View Post
How do you colour eggs? I've never done this before!
There are more than one way to do colored eggs! Typically you hard boil the egg in water so the inside in cooked before doing the craft. Some people rather leave the eggs raw and then use them for an Easter brunch.

With painting, you use the really skinny brushes and I would suggest using pastel colors instead of bold colors as that'll be more "spring" vibes. Usually egg decorating kits come with a stand you can place the egg on while you paint.

Recently, my mum found a product on Amazon that you lay the cooked egg on. I strongly recommend hard-boiling the egg with this one, as the momentum and pressure is pretty strong (think of when you're doing tie-dye paper) and can crack the egg! Like with the paintbrushes, use thin pastel-colored markers and try not to apply too much pressure. I felt like a pro as I watch a lot of woodworking on HGTV.

It's just a way too add some decor to the Easter holiday. For me, I have plastic colored eggs that I bought off Amazon and have them hanging on my year-round decorative "Christmas" tree.