View Single Post
  (#1 (permalink)) Old
soul Offline
Any fool can criticize
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Mimi

Points: 20,103, Level: 20 Points: 20,103, Level: 20 Points: 20,103, Level: 20

Question Books or other reading materials on drug addiction/abuse - May 29th 2009, 12:42 AM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of substance use, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread might therefore not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

Hey,

I guess I just don't get triggered at all. For some reason reading books (whether fictional or non-fictional) that relate to drug addiction or abuse really helps put things into perspective for me. It helps me to realize how detrimental my choices really are. Additionally, the fact that I am identifying with the addicts in my stories (although I will never admit to being an addict) is an eye opener for me. I am NOT asking for the titles of books that promote drug use or glamorize it. On the contrary, I am asking for titles of books that show the true horror of drug addiction. I guess in a sense I am trying to scare myself straight ^^. I've put myself in some very dangerous situations because of my habit and it still hasn't made me realize that I should really quit while I'm ahead. If anyone knows of any good books relating to addiction please let me know. I am open to all suggestions. Thanks for your time<3.

Lots of love <3 Mimi

As long as we can dream, there will be unicorns.