View Single Post
  (#22 (permalink)) Old
InSovietRussiaORGASMGotU Offline
I can't get enough

Points: 14,869, Level: 17 Points: 14,869, Level: 17 Points: 14,869, Level: 17

Re: Gunman Kills Abortion Doctor - June 2nd 2009, 02:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acheron View Post
To all those saying that it's hypocritical for a pro-lifer to kill an abortion doctor, the murderer would have thought that he was saving hundreds or even thousands of lives: the fact that they were pre-birth makes no difference to the pro-lifer. Would you kill one person to save a hundred others? Especially if you knew that there was no legal recourse. Not that I agree with what this guy did. I'm pro-choice and a pacifist. But he did have a certain twisted logic.
I see the logic of kill 1 to save 100s, however, his actions don't stop abortionists from performing abortions, don't stop women from getting abortions and they don't put people who have the stance of "pro-life" in a good light. One could argue later that "pro-lifers" are loony because of what this guy did. Obviously that's horrible arguing, however, something this drastic does stick on some people's minds and may give the impression to some that this is how "pro-lifers" are.

Also, whenever someone hears the term "pro-life", it gives the impression that takes a stance of furthering, bettering and helping human life, not going around killing people. Yes he may have in his mind saved numerous fetuses, however, it's not really a win for him. If anything, it's a loss overall.