Thread: Triggering: Abortion is wrong.
View Single Post
  (#26 (permalink)) Old
losing touch. Offline
oh, really?..
Jeez, get a life!

Points: 38,778, Level: 28 Points: 38,778, Level: 28 Points: 38,778, Level: 28

Re: Abortion is wrong. - June 4th 2009, 05:44 PM

while you're entitled to your own opinion, as a guy you'll never be pregnant and therefore would never have to go through having an unwanted baby. some people make mistakes and some people simply don't have the means of looking after a baby. i would argue that it is in fact selfish to go through with a pregnancy when you know you cannot provide for that baby or give it a good life.

some people are raped, some people are let down by their choice of protection and some people just make stupid decisions. should they be punished for it and be forced into having a kid that they don't want? of course not.

personally, i'm of the view that if i were to get pregnant i probably wouldn't have an abortion [even though that couldn't happen because i can't have children.] but i fully support other peoples rights to have an abortion if that is what's best for them.

some people are too young, too immature, not financially stable and so on.. to look after a child.

you talk about adoption, well what if they don't want to give their child away? some people don't want to go through the pregnancy as well. especially some young people, i know there is a definite stigma attached to getting pregnant at a young age and some people don't want to go through the torment.

..and our dreams will break the boundaries of our fears..