Thread: Triggering: Abortion is wrong.
View Single Post
  (#30 (permalink)) Old
losing touch. Offline
oh, really?..
Jeez, get a life!

Points: 38,778, Level: 28 Points: 38,778, Level: 28 Points: 38,778, Level: 28

Re: Abortion is wrong. - June 4th 2009, 06:39 PM

[quote=Josh;157641]I see it as the responsible person has a series of choices to make.

1. If they're not financially, emotionally, etc. able to care for a child yet, put that child up for adoption. Do what's best for the life growing inside you, rather than purely for yourself. Sex is a mature act, if you're responsible enough to have sex - you should be responsible enough to be prepared to deal with the consequences. I'm not saying, you had sex - now here's difficulties, what I'm saying is - enter sex being prepared for what may come.

And believe me, as the "embryo" who's mother was put through this, I'm happy she did what was best and chose to give me life. I'm willing to say you can even ask those in orphanages right now, would you rather be alive or be aborted by your mother? They'd say - be alive.
quote]

i only really want to comment on these two points;

to your first point, while in theory it would be good if that happened, in a lot of cases it's not accurate. loads of people don't wait until they are mature enough before they start having sex, i know i for one didn't. i don't think it's your place to say that people should only have sex if they're willing to face the consequences. for a lot of people sex is just a bit of fun, and they have no intention of having a kid from a one night stand. so they get pregnant, by accident, then it's their right to have an abortion. you can't dictate what other people do with their own bodies.

as for the second point, well it's not really relevent because the embryo would have been killed before it had a chance to experience life so therefore wouldn't know what it's missing out on, or not as the case may be.

by all means have your opinion about what you would hypothetically do, even though you wouldn't be in that situation, but i don't think you should try and tell others what they should do.

and as for your comment about the fact that you'd always be there for your kid no matter what, well it's kinda different being a father as apposed to being the mother who has the carry the kid for 9 months. it's not your body that it's growing inside of, therfore you wouldn't really have much say over what happened to your kid abortion wise.

..and our dreams will break the boundaries of our fears..