Thread: Triggering: Abortion is wrong.
View Single Post
  (#37 (permalink)) Old
ThePunkAlien Offline
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Josh

Points: 21,559, Level: 21 Points: 21,559, Level: 21 Points: 21,559, Level: 21

Re: Abortion is wrong. - June 4th 2009, 07:25 PM

As for me being a guy, we get labeled a lot as only having sex on our mind. I'd say that goes for both guys and girls. But, some people have a different origin that not a lot share - such as being from an unexpected pregnancy and adopted or put in an orphanage - who have the closest look someone could get to the embryo of such an occurrence. There's two really real alternate realities for me - the one that I'm living today and the one in which my birth mom could have killed me. I also think this is the reason why I get ill around people talking about one-night stands, seeing sex as a really responsible act one needs to be prepared for, and the will to do anything for family... in essence, like nonadoptees, I don't want to become my father.

---------------------

Magician, as I said, I won't lie. There's a lot of angst that comes from being adopted, more so than what a nonadoptee has to face in their life. There are feelings of not belonging, of thinking you were cast out into the world. On the other hand, as much as that sucks - I'd still rather be alive and many adoptees, I've talked to a lot in dealing with my own identity crises, say that overall they're still thankful for being alive.

I'd say, going off subject, that possibly your friend might be going through a depression? That your friend may be suicidal and doesn't want to live because of something painful going on in his life at the moment? Many people, at some point, including nonadoptees have depressions and ask "why am I alive?" So, even though it's off subject, I just thought I should tell you that it's not an exclusive adoptee thing... your friend may have even been reaching out to you, a sign of depression and possible suicidal thoughts, that you should be aware of.

Last edited by ThePunkAlien; June 4th 2009 at 07:33 PM.