Thread: Triggering: Abortion is wrong.
View Single Post
  (#72 (permalink)) Old
Brandon Offline
I can't get enough

Name: Brandon

Points: 30,381, Level: 25 Points: 30,381, Level: 25 Points: 30,381, Level: 25

Re: Abortion is wrong. - June 4th 2009, 09:29 PM

Quite honestly, I'm a little bit disgusted with some people's responses. Josh isn't a woman. He doesn't have to go through pregnancy and all that shit. But I strongly believe that if Josh WAS a female, his thoughts would be exactly the same as they are now. Just because he's a guy, doesn't mean that he doesn't understand the emotional and physical pain of getting pregnant, because I believe that he's smart enough to know that having a child forming inside your stomach is a very painful process. Josh and I have learned this shit, and we continue to learn about this stuff. Just because he's a male doesn't mean he doesn't understand. Sure, there's a slight possibility that if he WAS a female, he'd have different thoughts -- but just take a look from his situation. Regardless of gender, you go through emotional pain. And he went through stuff when he was a child. Psychology states that the stuff we go through/learn as children CAN and probably WILL affect us later on. In this case, Josh highly disagrees with abortion. I don't blame him. Just because the baby isn't being born in his body, doesn't mean that he shouldn't have his say in the situation.

Over the years, people have been through bizarre and not so bizarre situations -- the war in Iraq, the Holocaust, the sinking of the Titanic. Just because you go through something that's physically and/or emotionally painful, doesn't mean that you're going to come out wishing you were dead. The last Titanic survivor died of old age! Just because pregnancy involves emotional and physical pain, doesn't mean that saving a baby's potential life isn't worth it. I think that's the point that Josh is trying to make.

Having an abortion isn't an easy decision, but compared to putting the kid up for adoption, yes...it's weak and the easiest decision -- but it's not easy. Deciding to go through pregnancy just for the safety of the child, THAT is strong. Aborting a baby is not.

The subject of rape keeps coming up in this thread, and I don't know why. I completely agree that rape is a severe situation by itself. When you find out that you're pregnant and the rapist is your father, then that is SEVERELY severe. But does that constitute killing a baby's potential life? I say "potential" because some people will say that babies aren't living before they are aborted, and that's a whole different argument by itself that I don't want to get into. Well, I don't think it constitutes killing a baby's potential life. If the boy/girl grows up and later wishes he/she was dead in the first place, then that's fine. But let them find out for themselves instead of completely ruining their opportunity by having an abortion.