View Single Post
  (#81 (permalink)) Old
WashoutThePain Offline
=]
Outside, huh?

Name: Ask Away!

Points: 52,404, Level: 32 Points: 52,404, Level: 32 Points: 52,404, Level: 32

Re: Abortion is wrong. - June 4th 2009, 10:49 PM

This thread has been labeled as triggering by the original poster or by a Moderator. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon View Post
If the boy/girl grows up and later wishes he/she was dead in the first place, then that's fine. But let them find out for themselves instead of completely ruining their opportunity by having an abortion.

So, giving birth to a suicidal baby sounds okay to you? If I were the product of rape and knew that I stood for something my mother hated, I wouldn't want to be here anymore. Heck, having the baby could emotional devastate the mother who could in trun kill themselves. If she wants to get rid of the memories it's HER choice. The best way to move on from those types of experiences is to move away and make those events less significant in your life. If you have your rapists child, that is making the traumatizing event your entire life.

As for feeling guilty about aborting a baby that was the product of rape.... I do not think there are many women who regret it. To the women, I doubt she feels like it is her child at all... What about the people who regret NOT getting the abortion. Thinking they COULD handle it, but instead took a turn for the worse. For people who lost their job during the ecomonic crisis and now have a baby on the way that they can't support....

Personally, I think if you know you don't want the baby in it's early stages you might as well have an abortion. It shouldn't be used regulary, but if you realize you can't handle it, then the cells would be better off not forming into a child. If you want to do what is BEST for the baby, sometimes it would mean not having it at all.