View Single Post
  (#102 (permalink)) Old
Brandon Offline
I can't get enough

Name: Brandon

Points: 30,381, Level: 25 Points: 30,381, Level: 25 Points: 30,381, Level: 25

Re: Abortion is wrong. - June 4th 2009, 11:39 PM

Quote:
So, giving birth to a suicidal baby sounds okay to you? If I were the product of rape and knew that I stood for something my mother hated, I wouldn't want to be here anymore. Heck, having the baby could emotional devastate the mother who could in trun kill themselves. If she wants to get rid of the memories it's HER choice. The best way to move on from those types of experiences is to move away and make those events less significant in your life. If you have your rapists child, that is making the traumatizing event your entire life.
What I'm saying is that you don't have to kill a potential baby to get it out of your life. That's what adoption agencies are for. You don't want the baby? They'll take em'. The kid won't grow up with his/her real parents, but that doesn't mean he/she is going to be suicidal in the future. It's possible that he/she won't even know that they were adopted till later on in life! By that time, they'll just be going around saying "I never knew my real mother", and have this assumption that his/her mother just didn't want him/her and gave him/her up for adoption!

I think you're going to remember the pregnancy and the rape regardless. They both have an impact on a woman (and possibly man's) life. The only thing different between putting the kid up for adoption and aborting the baby is life or death. Suicide isn't something you can't avoid -- it's a choice. If a kid is going to grow up and commit suicide just because it's adopted and he/she doesn't know her real mother, then I think that's a pretty sad excuse to commit suicide. If he/she was adopted from parents that were abusive and such, then I could slightly understand.