(#104 (permalink)) Old
losing touch. Offline
oh, really?..
Jeez, get a life!

Points: 38,778, Level: 28 Points: 38,778, Level: 28 Points: 38,778, Level: 28

Re: Abortion is wrong. - June 4th 2009, 11:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon View Post
What I'm saying is that you don't have to kill a potential baby to get it out of your life. That's what adoption agencies are for. You don't want the baby? They'll take em'. The kid won't grow up with his/her real parents, but that doesn't mean he/she is going to be suicidal in the future. It's possible that he/she won't even know that they were adopted till later on in life! By that time, they'll just be going around saying "I never knew my real mother", and have this assumption that his/her mother just didn't want him/her and gave him/her up for adoption!

I think you're going to remember the pregnancy and the rape regardless. They both have an impact on a woman (and possibly man's) life. The only thing different between putting the kid up for adoption and aborting the baby is life or death. Suicide isn't something you can't avoid -- it's a choice. If a kid is going to grow up and commit suicide just because it's adopted and he/she doesn't know her real mother, then I think that's a pretty sad excuse to commit suicide. If he/she was adopted from parents that were abusive and such, then I could slightly understand.
i've already said this, but i'll say it again.. i'm not against the idea of giving a kid up for adoption. however, some people don't want to go through the strain of a pregnancy for a kid that they don't want. i don't see anything wrong with that.

..and our dreams will break the boundaries of our fears..