(#138 (permalink)) Old
losing touch. Offline
oh, really?..
Jeez, get a life!

Points: 38,778, Level: 28 Points: 38,778, Level: 28 Points: 38,778, Level: 28

Re: Abortion is wrong. - June 5th 2009, 01:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon View Post
I don't think it's irrelevant at all. I think there's a fine difference between taking pre-cautions and not taking pre-cautions. If you get pregnant after you've used a condom, I don't think that should technically be your fault...but the product itself. The product failed you, therefore it shouldn't be your fault that you got pregnant. Therefore, I believe that having an abortion is okay.

But if you don't use any sort of protection and you wind up getting pregnant, then I think that it's entirely your fault. Abortion...not okay.
the line could easily become blurred as to whats "your fault" and whats not. i believe that abortion is an ok option no matter what the situation. it's very difficult to specify certain situations where it's ok and certain situations where it's not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixAlive View Post
I'd have to disagree with you there. Just because a woman (or couple) takes precautions, why should abortion become a better option than adoption?
because they obviously feel that they either could not care for a child sufficiently or do not want a child. i think it's much kinder to abort a child in this situaton than to put it up for adoption. this would cause unecessary trauma for the woman and the child, which could be avoided by abortion.

..and our dreams will break the boundaries of our fears..

Last edited by losing touch.; June 5th 2009 at 01:45 AM. Reason: Multiple posts have been merged automatically.