(#153 (permalink)) Old
Jack Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Jack

Points: 17,299, Level: 19 Points: 17,299, Level: 19 Points: 17,299, Level: 19

Re: Abortion is wrong. - June 5th 2009, 02:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh View Post
Jack, there are a lot more feelings and actions than pain. So, I still don't see anything other than one emotion - feeling pain. So, using that as an excuse, would you kill a man that's numb to all kind of pain to make your life better? That's as close an example as I can come up with, but pain's not everything.
Oh, I'm not saying it is. You're just not tackling my points, you're ignoring them. I put forward a statement and questions and you ignore both and state that "I don't know the facts" (which I do) and then when I show you that I do "know the facts" you throw up a strawman.

Embryo's are generally considered not to be self aware, capable of conciuous thought, capable of pain. This can be easily be checked if you learn about pre-natal development. Could you please present a reason why an embryo should be considered alive?

Quote:
The book has scientific studies in it that have been throughfully examined by developmentalists in the field, not the authors opinion.
Not really, from what I just read it's highly opinionated, biased and one sided. It's really not scienitific. However, I don't see how I can prove that to you. It's not an objective book.

Quote:
As I said to - Cameron - there is no black and white, thus there is and should be no legal or legality. It's a gray area which means under circumstances it can be for the best, while under others it can't be. Thus, it shouldn't be within the regulation of the state.
Who's regulation should it be under then? Maybe you could explain how it could possibly work without legal regulation by the state?