losing touch. Offline
oh, really?..
Jeez, get a life!

Points: 38,778, Level: 28 Points: 38,778, Level: 28 Points: 38,778, Level: 28

Re: Abortion is wrong. - June 5th 2009, 02:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh View Post
[/b]

Explain what you mean by this - YOU brought the child fully into it. In that statement, yes being an adoptee does have a huge connection to me and it's more personally tied to me and other adoptees than it is to you. Just clarify what exactly it is you're trying to say, you said it - not me.

The only situations I've seen brought up is the mother not wanting it for whatever reason and unsafe sex. Are you saying that in those cases you honestly believe the child would prefer to have been aborted? Would have been "kinder"? Because I can tell you, even on my worse days, that's far from it.

Here I'm not talking about the girl, I'm asking what you meant concerning the child.
ok i'll try and explain myself a bit more clearly. the embryo is aborted before it has the chance to grow into a human being - therefore it cannot and will not have an opinion or any feelings about whether it wants to be alive or dead. so in this circumstance, the mothers welfare and opinion is the most important. the mother wants an abortion, the embryo is unaware of it - i think it's a good solution.

do i think the child would prefer to be aborted? no - not necessarily. but again you're missing the point here. you cannot take how you feel now into account when forming your opinion on this, because as i've already said, the embryo is killed before it turns into a human being. whether you want to be dead or alive now is irrelevent to this debate - because you weren't aborted.

my opinion is that the mothers needs and feelings are far more important than that of the embryo - partly for the fact that its extremely doubtful that embryos even have feelings, i'd argue that they don't.

as i've already said. it does not matter the mothers reasons for abortion, nor the circumstances surrounding the conception of the child - abortion is still an ok option in my opinion.

..and our dreams will break the boundaries of our fears..