(#160 (permalink)) Old
losing touch. Offline
oh, really?..
Jeez, get a life!

Points: 38,778, Level: 28 Points: 38,778, Level: 28 Points: 38,778, Level: 28

Re: Abortion is wrong. - June 5th 2009, 02:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh View Post
Elle, just explain what you mean without bringing the girl into it by your comments that it would be:

> Kinder for the child to be aborted in some situations
> How trauma for the child from leaving it's birth mother would make the child rather die?

You stated these things, all I want is an explanation for why you think the child feels this way. Or if your original statement is not being read correctly, if so clarify what you mean by "kinder to abort the CHILD in this situation"
in some situations the mother is not ready to have a child or does not want a child. if the child is killed as an embryo and therfore obviously not born - it avoids the child having to suffer possible feelings of abandonment and basically not having a family. some people would argue that people who are adopted are the lucky ones - for every person like you there are others who are left in foster care or childrens homes. i know i for one would not want to spend my childhood in a childrens home or jumping from foster care to foster care.

as for your second point, i don't really know where you're coming from with that. as far as i can remember [and no i haven't read back through all my posts] i never said that trauma suffered by the child would make it want to die - although i suppose you raise a good point, in that this could be very possible. i did say that it could suffer long term emotional strain - i definitely believe this to be true. i wasn't adopted and therefore can only go on second hand info, from my friend. but i know that she suffers a lot still with feelings of abandonment and wonders why at times she wasn't just aborted.

..and our dreams will break the boundaries of our fears..