Casey. Offline
Dance with me
I can't get enough

Name: Casey

Points: 25,720, Level: 23 Points: 25,720, Level: 23 Points: 25,720, Level: 23

Re: what is so wrong about gay marriage??? - June 6th 2009, 10:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by x7x13x View Post
the states choosing their laws thing i get an d i like,but this kind of goes against pursuit of happiness does it not? gays are being severly harmed,sometimes even killed,just because some people dont want them to get married. pursuit of happiness states that as long as your not hurting anyone else in pursuing your happiness then it shouldnt matter,so then why does it in this particular sitation? gays arent hurting anyone now are they?
The pursuit of happiness is just better wording for the right to own property. The constitution also gives more power to the states, and leaves itself open to interputation. It's a complex topic, that I don't feel like explaining, but simply, if the states say no to gay marriage the federal government can't force it upon them .If you wish to know more about it, pm me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by x7x13x View Post
what do you mean by that??? cause i have this one friend who is always trying to convince me that im not realy bi,im just "possessed by some demon" who is aking me act this way and i kinda feel like your trying to say the same thing she is,that we are the way we are but we dont trully want to be,is that what your trying to say? if not sorry i mistook you.
I think what Holly meant was that some people are homosexual, but they don't want to be, they don't think it is right to be, so they go against who they really are. They try not to give into the urges to do the acts, to honor their God[s].

And Holly, I agree with you on that. I respect those people, although I could never do that, but I have the upmost respect for them.

She whispered to her own reflection "I will be strong."

"I am not what has happened to me.I am what I have chosen to become."- Carl Jung

"If ye harm none, do as ye wish."

Sometimes things just happen.

Smile through the tears.

PM me