(#269 (permalink)) Old
thebigmole Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Taylor

Points: 18,584, Level: 19 Points: 18,584, Level: 19 Points: 18,584, Level: 19

Re: Abortion is wrong. - June 7th 2009, 08:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh View Post
Here's the other thing I don't understand, it seems like some people actually believe abortion to be a better alternative which I think is beyond absurd. How can death ever be considered better than life, maybe if one is going through a depression of some sort - they'd be like everyone else in that field (as said, should minority groups and kids from unstable homes be killed? it's basically the exact same thinking here). Also if you look at statistics, which I have, there are a lot more well adjusted adoptees than there are those with problems because of it - which can actually be linked back to not having a stable home life, in which case they'd be like everyone else in that situation who was never put up for adoption. So if potential problems brings about that viewpoint, well then that would equate nonadoptees too.
I will explain it. For us pro-choicers the child is NOT the first priority the mother is. It's the mother's life we are thinking about not a embryo/fetus who hasn't had one yet. That's why.

"For Ignorance killed the cat, Curiosity was framed." -Caitlin McGrath

"For this thing we call failure is not the falling down, but the staying down." -Mary Pickford

"But the music's so happy!" -Little Sally: Urinetown

"If our own policies aren't supporting equality then what are we fighting for?"- Kathy Griffin