(#292 (permalink)) Old
ThePunkAlien Offline
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Josh

Points: 21,559, Level: 21 Points: 21,559, Level: 21 Points: 21,559, Level: 21

Re: Abortion is wrong. - June 8th 2009, 07:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dream Dancer View Post
Abortion is wrong. President Odrama screwed up when he allowed the choice to have an abortion. Its wrong in any circumstance. Closed adoption is the best choice if you have been raped in my opinion.

Watch out for roasted leeks, don't eat earwax and stay away from mad bunnies!
While I'm against abortion, I do believe there are a couple of scenarios where it would be understandable. In some cases a woman can die from giving birth, scary thought - but it does happen; in this scenario, I believe abortion is perfectly acceptable because it does concern risk of death. The second is the possibility of the baby being born with serious birth defects to the degree in - would the baby be better off dead? For example, a kid that's both blind and deaf... how can that kid function in the world? One or the other, alright, but both of them in one? Personally I wouldn't consider that a life, it would be the scariest experience one would have to go. I'd say this would in no doubt be doing what was best for the child.

Thus, there are extreme circumstances where being born would be extremely painful. Either the child isn't given any chance to have a semi-normal life due to birth defects that would hamper with the way one lives. Or the mother has a chance of dying. These things do happen. Although, I'd also say personally these thoughts/risks/dangers didn't fullly enter my mind until I was at least fifteen/sixteen.

Last edited by ThePunkAlien; June 8th 2009 at 07:18 PM.