(#61 (permalink)) Old
thebigmole Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Taylor

Points: 18,584, Level: 19 Points: 18,584, Level: 19 Points: 18,584, Level: 19

Re: what is so wrong about gay marriage??? - June 12th 2009, 09:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pastor_of_youth View Post
Ok, homosexuality is something I don't agree with. However, I'm not judgmental enough to shun them because of their decision. I'm a sinner just like they are and one sin is enough to separate us from God. Therefore I consider myself equal with everyone else in the world. I said "decision" a few lines up and I do believe homosexuality is a choice. God didn't create it because that's counter to His nature. In Leviticus 18:22 it states "Do not practice homosexuality; it is a detestable sin." In 1 Timothy 1:10 "the sexually immoral, men who practice homosexuality, enslavers, liars, perjurers, and whatever else is contrary to sound doctrine." I do agree we can't get away from sin but I disagree we should continue in it. Yes, we Christians should watch how we talk to people about topics. I think it's situational on our approach to talking to people about Christ. Amongst each other we can be direct when it comes to encouraging and correcting, however.
So are you saying that animals choose to be homosexual, since there is documentation of homosexuality in the wild? Also if we took God out of the equation would you still believe it was a choice?

"For Ignorance killed the cat, Curiosity was framed." -Caitlin McGrath

"For this thing we call failure is not the falling down, but the staying down." -Mary Pickford

"But the music's so happy!" -Little Sally: Urinetown

"If our own policies aren't supporting equality then what are we fighting for?"- Kathy Griffin