(#118 (permalink)) Old
thebigmole Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Taylor

Points: 18,584, Level: 19 Points: 18,584, Level: 19 Points: 18,584, Level: 19

Re: what is so wrong about gay marriage??? - June 18th 2009, 03:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by slickguy55 View Post
Your first mistake is assuming that a am conservative because of a view point on one topic. It really doesn't make you look good.

And the part you bolded is not bullsh*t. It disturbs the family and the natural order of things. If kids see gay couples in public and grow to accept it, it disturbs the family. A man and a woman have kids, a man and a man do not. And don't give me that crap about single parents. A single mom has a kid, it still comes from the father, in other words it doesn't disturb the natural order. If this is widely accepted it will weaken the family because it makes the definition of 'family' different, and this country is built on family morals, so therefore it would change the very moral mindset of the country for the worse. Clear enough for you? Are you hanging in there?

And what states? Well lets see, the people in Iowa had laws in place banning gay marriage, and these laws made by THE PEOPLE were over turned by crazy liberals on their supreme court. And California, ONE OF THE MOST LIBERAL STATES IN AMERICA, put it to a vote, and it LOST. And make no mistake about it, it will be overturned in California, therefore ignoring the people. Those facts clear enough for you? You didn't hear these things on MTV, so they must not be true, right? Look it up. Educate yourself.

And who says I'm discriminating anyone? Be as gay as you want. Just stay the hell out of churches, and away from kids, because you have NO right to control those things.
Well aren't you a lovely person. First, I never called you a conservative all I said was that slamming liberals was going to make you look bad, which also points to you being a conservative but whatever. Then I said that it's the same in reverse, showing that I'm not found of slamming conservatives.

Also I said "in my opinion" for a reason, I did not state it as a fact because I'm aware that it's just my opinion. But I guess I just don't know what family values are. Since the majority of marriages end in divorce is that a family value, how about all of the parent's out there that let their kids do whatever they want and dress however they want, those values? I know not every family is like that but I don't know one of my friends who doesn't have some issue with their family that I definitely don't think should be considered a value, such as the parents kicking them out of the house, or not giving a crap about how they do in school or neglecting to pay college application fees. And what is the definition of family. Is it two parents of the opposite sex and some kids? So then single parent's must not be families, and I can't imagine what you would consider step families, does it fit the definition to have two sets of parents?

In Iowa those people voted those "crazy liberals" into office, they put them there which means they trusted them to make decisions for their state. Also I don't know if you've ever picked up a paper but the Californian Supreme Court has already voted to uphold the Prop 8 vote. It might be changed one day, but for right now the people are getting what they want.

So your facts are a little wrong, I've never watched MTV in my life and I'm in the process of educating myself at a private University that I chose out of the 18 colleges I was accepted to, what are you doing out of curiosity?

Oh and telling gay people to stay away from churches (there are gay pastors you know) and kids (which is just ridiculous, should the gay kids stay away from kids as well?) is discrimination, just like telling black people to sit in the back of the bus.

"For Ignorance killed the cat, Curiosity was framed." -Caitlin McGrath

"For this thing we call failure is not the falling down, but the staying down." -Mary Pickford

"But the music's so happy!" -Little Sally: Urinetown

"If our own policies aren't supporting equality then what are we fighting for?"- Kathy Griffin

Last edited by thebigmole; June 18th 2009 at 04:07 AM.