MadPoet Offline
You're the Original <3
Outside, huh?

Name: Amanda.

Points: 48,277, Level: 31 Points: 48,277, Level: 31 Points: 48,277, Level: 31

Re: what is so wrong about gay marriage??? - June 20th 2009, 05:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixAlive View Post
No. Because everyone (including women, visible minorities, and gays) are allowed to smoke, drink, vote, etc once they reach legal age. This is equality.
Think back to times when blacks were being discriminated against. Slavery was outlawed, "all men were equal" but that didn't stop discrimination from happening. It didn't stop black men not having the right to vote, did it? Simply because it is stated that all men are created equal does not mean that gays should have the right to marry. It's not because straight people are more superior, but that marriage is not meant for people of the same sex. The reason it would not be illegal to abolish same sex marriage would be because gays are still offered rights. They may not be the same rights, but they are rights. Equal rights are a joke. If we all had equal rights, the big shots up on wall street wouldn't be being paid billions for doing nothing, when those who actually work for their money are in debt. So don't give me any bologna about equal rights, the government always finds a way to sneak past the rights listed in the constitution. Therefore if they have their mind set to abolish same sex marriage, they'll definitely find a way to go through with it. Equal rights don't always play a part, as much as we would like to think so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khadra View Post
On what grounds can the government keep same-sex marriage illegal? It is SECULAR (whether you like it or not, it IS secular). It cannot make decisions based on what a popular religion happens to dictate. That is called discrimination. It is taking away the rights of people who are not hurting anyone.

Whether or not it's outlined in the constitution, it's the same damn thing in practice. DISCRIMINATION. I personally believe in equality and happiness for all humans beings, but if you feel good about yourself being a discriminatory person, then there isn't much I can do. I can find you the website to the KKK if you like.
Simply because I believe that marriage should be kept simply for men and women does not mean that I am a discriminatory person. Have I stated that I am against same sex relationships? No, I haven't. I am aware that Christianity does not make the laws, I am aware of that. But if they do not make the laws, why are so many gays so damn worried that Christians are going to somehow abolish gay marriage?

A lonely soul in a land of broken hearts

Last edited by MadPoet; June 20th 2009 at 05:56 AM. Reason: Multiple posts have been merged automatically.