(#206 (permalink)) Old
thebigmole Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Taylor

Points: 18,584, Level: 19 Points: 18,584, Level: 19 Points: 18,584, Level: 19

Re: what is so wrong about gay marriage??? - June 20th 2009, 06:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Concrete Girl View Post
Oh my God... not this again. For the millionth time. Christians are not going to change their beliefs to benefit gays! If you seem to hate Christians so awfully much, why do you care what they abolish in their church anyways? I doubt you would get married there if you see Christians as such evil discriminatory people. If you were referring to certain states already abolishing gay marriage, then I have no idea why you would say that, for it was not the church that made the law, but the government.

And, well, no offense, but simply accusing people of being discriminatory is definitely not going to win the whole gay marriage argument going on in society.
Honey I agree with you to a point. Christians don't have to change their beliefs because belief is something everyone is entitled to. It's like the people who are personally against abortion but are still pro-choice. You can believe marriage is between a man and a woman all you want. But you do recognize that denying gay couples the legal rights of marriage is wrong correct?

"For Ignorance killed the cat, Curiosity was framed." -Caitlin McGrath

"For this thing we call failure is not the falling down, but the staying down." -Mary Pickford

"But the music's so happy!" -Little Sally: Urinetown

"If our own policies aren't supporting equality then what are we fighting for?"- Kathy Griffin