(#2 (permalink)) Old
Linz Offline
Life Is About Making Mistakes
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Lindsay

Re: Should I just leave? - June 23rd 2009, 04:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by unlovedlady View Post

If I do leave or get fired I am enrolled in college and just need to get my financial aid in for review. Then I'll just do work study and use the financial aid money to move.

In your best interest, I would say no, don't leave your school, your education always has to come before work (in most cases, unless it's the only funding option you have to keep up with your education). I'm not saying that work isn't important, it may very well be a necessity for you, as it is for most college students. But there will always be other jobs with different bosses, even in this economy. I've been looking for a few months, but I have gotten several offers nonetheless.
Let me put it this way, I'm sure you don't want to work in the career type you're working with now forever right? In order to get out of that, you need a degree. (Which I'm sure you know).

You're situation sounds really difficult, as I'm sure it is so, but if talking camly and rationally with your boss doesn't work, just remember there are other options besides leaving your school.
  Send a message via AIM to Linz