View Single Post
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
dancer Offline
love, anonymous
I've been here a while

Re: my life......unfortunately - July 4th 2009, 04:26 AM

Hey there,

I'm sorry about that things are rough. But you seem like a really caring, thoughtful person - and none of your family's troubles are your fault. You're the kid, not the parent; adults know the consequences of their own actions, which we as their kids don't in any way force them to make. I promise, you're not guilty, lazy, irresponsible, stupid, or worthless. In fact, you're probably one of the best parts of your family, even if they're not telling you that.

And you deserve to have someone to talk to. You don't have to carry around everything that's bothering you and never tell anyone - I did that for seventeen years, too, and it didn't get me or my family's issues anywhere. Is there a counselor, or friend, or friend's parent or other relative you could talk to? And would it help at all to approach your dad and let him know that you want to help - or write him a note, so that you won't have to worry about actually talking to him?

And anytime you want to talk about anything, we're here. Feel free to PM me anytime.

Hang in there.

Drown in the music,
dance in the rain,
block out the thunder,
and let the scars fade.