MadPoet Offline
You're the Original <3
Outside, huh?

Name: Amanda.

Points: 48,277, Level: 31 Points: 48,277, Level: 31 Points: 48,277, Level: 31

Re: Belief in God without Religion? - July 10th 2009, 01:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annoni View Post
Firstly, what about Christianity do you not like?
Second, yes God minds very much if you mix and match beliefs. Do you know why?
The world is stuck under this childish notion that WE define who our God is. We control Him, and we can alter reality with our beliefs. If we believe reincarnation, there will be reincarnation.
Imagine the disappointment you would have when you end up Hell when you die.

God defines US - We are made in His image. It's in Genesis 1:27, something you can't miss if you start from the beginning of the Bible.
Gensis 1:27 :: "So God created man in his own image,
in the image of God he created him;
male and female he created them."

He created us, therefore He has dominion over us. We did not create Him, therefore we do not control Him. Making your own beliefs to Him could be considered blasphemous. It's insulting to Him. Do you know why?
Colossians 1:16 :: For by him all things were created, in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or rulers or authorities—all things were created through him and for him.

If you swap beliefs around, you are saying what He has created for you is not good enough. It is an insult to His glory, for everything was made for His glory the way it is.

Clear? I'm sorry if it's hard to understand.

Also know this; God does not want religion. He wants a relationship with you, and He will have a relationship with every human heart that asks of it.
Okay, I appreciate your post. But to be honest, it confuses me even more.
What about the Christians, can you honestly say they haven't defined their God? I know the bible is supposed to be written by God himself, but how do we know that? God hasn't recently come down and and told everyone every single thing about himself, so therefore I really find it hard to understand how NOT to believe what we want to believe about God - there's no possible way you can know everything about God. If I'm going to believe in God, I need to know who he is. And if I feel that I can't truly define what God I believe in by reading the bible, I'm sure as Hell going to imagine him as the God I think he is. And how can you say that God would not understand? He is the one who has decided not to tell us everything about himself and the world.

I'm not trying to turn this into a debate though, that's just my honest opinion. Until the day someone comes up to me and tells me every truthful fact about God, I'm going to believe the things I believe a God I would worship would do.

A lonely soul in a land of broken hearts