(#18 (permalink)) Old
eyes_of_an_angel Offline
Not a n00b

Name: K

Points: 10,168, Level: 14 Points: 10,168, Level: 14 Points: 10,168, Level: 14

Re: Belief in God without Religion? - July 10th 2009, 07:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Concrete Girl View Post

I still don't see why I should have to believe everything said in the bible in order to be pleasing God. It doesn't make sense to me, when what I get from Romans 10:09 (Because, if you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved) is that all I have to do to make it into Heaven is believe in God. Though I do not recall ever reading in the bible that you had to also believe certain qualities about God, in order to truly believe in him.

I also would like to know how I am supposed to always love God. I don't care if God is hurt when I turn away from him, he has a whole darn Religion devoted to him - yet that still is not enough for him? It seems like God would happy with the believers he did have, and not hate the non believers so terribly that he would send them to Hell because they angered him.
he is happy with the believers that he has. but He is also saddend by the people who are non believers. everyone that is born is God's child and He loves them so much that he sent his only son to die for every sin they would one day commit. God has given us free will; we can either choose to follow him or we can turn our backs to him. Even christians are not anywhere near perfect and it hurts God to see us do things that are against his will. The bible says that the wages of sin is death but we have the choice against that! God doesn't want to just sit around and murder us, he wants to have a deep relationship with us. Jesus steps in and covers our sins for us;he takes the blame. look at it like this..jesus is like a doorway (he says "i am the way the truth and the life. no man comes to the father except through me") Even when something bad happens God is still there (and no he's not sitting there laughing evily saying "oh look my people are misarable") he loves us and doesn't want to see us in pain but sometimes we have to go through the hard times to see the good that God has planned in the end of the situation.
He loves you and he will forgive anything that you do but only if you ask for the forgiveness. he gave the free will...you have the choice. if you have any questions then feel free to ask me. i know it seemed like i rambled so if somethings not clear then tell me

~K~