View Single Post
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
Jamie Offline
A Tout Le Monde
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Jamie

Points: 13,518, Level: 16 Points: 13,518, Level: 16 Points: 13,518, Level: 16

Re: Computer Addiction - July 18th 2009, 12:39 AM

I think this might not be an addiction in a sense, as it seems you actually have no other alternative of doing anything else at the moment so you do need something to fill the time- I think being embrassed to go with parents is a normal thing to. To get out the house you may want to look at social groups and clubs that are nearby and see if you can involved in them to give yourself some time out of the houese- it might be worth seeing if there are actually any local poker games that run weekly or something worth going to- although I won't advise spending too much money on them. As for over-using the computer, you could set up a program that only allows the computer to be used for a certain amount of time per day, otherwise it locks you out or will shut down- these programs can be found quite easily with enough looking around.

The philosophers have only interpreted the world, in various ways; the point is to change it.

"Patriotism is your conviction that this country is superior to all other countries because you were born in it." - George Bernard Shaw

22:36 [Ergg] It's so much better to be a girl
22:36 [Ergg] IMO
22:36 [Jamie] Naw. Two words: Periods. Childbirth.
22:36 [Ergg] One word: Birth control
22:37 [Jamie] That's two words.