View Single Post
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
phoenixsrmc Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Lily

Re: Being friends after a break up - July 19th 2009, 08:06 PM

So I read the whole thing ... so I must be amazing? Haha nah.

Alright: it's great that you guys didn't have a messy breakup. kudos. I'm also glad that you guys are still trying to be friends afterwards. For most, that's not an easy thing to do. However, the articles have some sense. If you really want to get over her, you do have to cut contact with her for a while. I'm not saying forever, but until you're over her. Hanging out with a groups of friends and stuff is great, but talking through instant messages/text/calling is something to reconsider for now because you guys still make jokes about hooking up, which you should refrain from doing by the way. Talking like that only feeds the fire instead of putting it out.

When you move on, you should feel like you want to call her up without the lingering feelings. So contact her when that happens. In the meantime, hang out with your guy friends or even start meeting new girls if you're up for it.

Hope that helps!

You can lose yourself. Everything. All boundaries. All time.

And just when the sweet confusion is so intense you think you're gonna die... you kind of do.

Leaving you alone in your separate body, but the one you love is still there.

That's a miracle.

You can go to heaven and come back alive. You can go back anytime you want with the one you love.

.Lily.
former HelpLink Mentor.
email me anytime <3