View Single Post
  (#1 (permalink)) Old
TheBabyEater Offline
With A Sprinkle Of Cinnamon
I've been here a while

Name: Marissa

Points: 27,365, Level: 23 Points: 27,365, Level: 23 Points: 27,365, Level: 23

After 3 years, and becoming addicted (including addiction symtoms) I quit. - July 20th 2009, 12:46 AM

My boyfriend and his dad had basically an intervention the other day after I hadn't cut in 5 days (My boyfriend was staying away at my house and wouldn't let me while he was there) I was experiencing symtoms that addictions like drugs and alcohol bring.
Basically, the 4th day at my house I broke down and tried to, but he had the razorblade. After telling me stuff like "You have the symtoms of an alcoholic without the alcohol." "If you don't stop soon you'll be slicing up your entire arm." and "You'll wind up in the hospital, or 6 feet underground"
I think what sold it was that he was practically yelling at me. Which sounds mean but it made me pay attention and recognize the pain I was causing HIM. In the end, he left, slamming the razorblade on the table, and told me it was up to me to choose.
As he later said he knew would happen, I didn't cut myself.

The next day we went back to his dads house (we live 3 hours away from eachother) and he told his dad to talk to me. After dinner we went for a walk and ended up talking about addictive behaviors and stuff. (more on that in the addictive behaviors thread *points to it*
In the end, 2 days ago I decided to quit for my boyfriend. It was stressing him out to see me like that, and if I screwed up one day it would ruin him. Then yesterday, the talk with his dad made me decide to quit for myself as well.

So it's been 6 days total and I'm hoping to stay done for awhile. I've got 2 people to talk to... my boyfriend and his dad. They live 200+ miles away, but still. I quit cutting myself, finally. Wish me luck.

Take me seriously.
I dare you.