Thread: Triggering (SH): Introducing Addiction.
View Single Post
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount69

Edit avatar

Re: Introducing Addiction. - July 20th 2009, 06:53 AM

Hey Kayla,

I am sorry that you have to deal with self-harm but I want you to know that you can beat it. It will take time and commitment(and you have to be ready) but you can beat it one day.

I am glad that your sisters know, do you think you could talk to them about it? I know it is hard to talk to people about such personal things but talking is a really really good thing to do. Also, your sisters really might want you to talk to them but they might not want to pressure you and make you feel worse. I am also glad you have your friend; do you and him talk much about this? If so maybe you could go to him when you are struggling and talk.

A counselor is great and I hope that you get some help out of that. Something I want to suggest is that you not be afraid to open up to the counselor. I know that it can be hard to open up to someone new about all these things but a counselor really does want to help and one of the only ways they can help is if you are open with them; do you think you could do that?

I don't know if you feel ready to quit cutting but if you do then you should really check out the alternatives. I know that they have helped me in the past. The one thing you should remember about the alternatives is it takes a while for your body to get used to them so please don't give up on them working if you try them out.

Please hang in there and if you ever need someone to talk to my pm box is always open.

~Jenna~