View Single Post
  (#7 (permalink)) Old
rhapsody Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Points: 11,280, Level: 15 Points: 11,280, Level: 15 Points: 11,280, Level: 15

Re: Disability allowence. - July 27th 2009, 09:27 PM

When I first went on DLA, it was my psychiatric nurse who filled out the forms for me. She made me sound a million times worse than I actually was, but she told me that when you fill out those forms you're not supposed to tell them how you are at the time of writing but how you were at your very worst. The nurse told me at the time that this was because my mental health wasn't consistent some days I would need a lot more help than others. Basically, medical staff are trained to fill out the forms in a way that shows the full impact of the patient's disability, so that the patient receives the most amount of money. It's not really benefit fraud and certainly nothing your sister or her doctor could get in trouble for, more of a loophole in the system.

But honestly, £97 a week isn't that much. Considering the millions of pounds the government spends on useless crap, (not to mention the whole mp's expenses thing), its just the teensiest drop in the ocean. Your sister has been through a lot - let her have this as some kind of compensation.