(#4 (permalink)) Old
udontno Offline
</3?
I can't get enough

Name: Amanda Kate

Re: i started again, and its worse - January 17th 2009, 10:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skaftw View Post
thnx, im trying mostly for my friends, they cut too and if they find out how bad iv been cutting idk wat they'l do, and i cant help them when im not doing good either, but ya i kno its hard, it took me awhile to stop burning, and now i guess il just start over again =/
Paul, I'm going to be horribly blunt with you. I hope that it helps you, because being blunt is sometimes what people need. You can not get better until you focus on yourself. You can't try to save your friends. You need to take time out for you so you can get better. You are fine to try to support each other, but this has to be a two-way thing. You can't handle all of their problems, plus your own. They can be a great support system if you can vent back and forth. Some people just can't handle other people's issues, even hearing about them in the slightest way. If you can't handle things, you need to learn to ask them to stop talking about it so you can take care of you. In the end you are no good to them if you are cutting, especially if it is related to added stress because of them.

Paul, you have managed to stop burning but it seems like you've just traded it for another form of SH. However, you can stop cutting as well. Just apply the things you used for stopping burning to your cutting and I'm sure with time that you will do well. You just need to take things one day at a time and focus on stopping. Use your alternatives, you've got this under control. I know you can do this.

--A